Saturday, January 17, 2009

I want my... I want my...I want my DVR


Can't you just hear Sting singing right now??

Some of you already know that I have been helping my husband with his business. He is getting ready for a tradeshow in Chicago and we have hit the final stages of preparation.

Which means, I actually have some time to do other things than work. (notice how I've caught up on my reading and commenting everyone? Almost caught up with everyone but Pioneer Woman - she won't notice, she has those other 12,000 comments for motivation.)

And I can finally catch up on my "shows". I love my DVR. Yes, I said it. I absolutely LOVE it. It has all my shows tucked away in its little computer brain and knows just when they are on. When the new season starts, it just starts taping right where the old season left off. All the shows that I have long forgotten about....... it remembers and faithfully records them for my viewing pleasure.

So, last week, after a long, tiring day, I crept into the den to catch up on a show or two (or four) and much to my surprise, my lovely DVR decided it was now on strike. I frantically called the cable company at 2 am to demand satisfaction. They poked, they prodded, they re-started. But my faithful little DVR was dead. Gone was the last season of Smallville that I'd been saving, gone were all the Lost episodes I was going to re-watch before the new season starts (thanks for the reminder Georgie), gone were my Brothers and Sisters, Ghost Whisperer, ER, Lipstick Jungle, Grey's Anatomy episodes that were suppose to be taped and ready for me.

DAMN! I am farking mad!!! (Farking was an actual word verification I used today and I decided it is my new substitute swear word - SNAP!)
I actually had to RUSH home on Thursday to watch TV!

Like living in the dark ages, really.

My whole TV watching life is over as I know it. That damn thing took years to train. Its almost like I have to house train a new puppy. What is a girl to do?

Waaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

I want my DVR back!!!!!!


*sniff*sniff* I just needed a moment.

Since, I can't remember anything else that was on my must watch list, I am taking suggestions.

Anyone?

.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that your DVR messed up won't your company replace it. I think our direct tv would send us another one, since we just lease the equip from them. Not sure, but maybe. Hope you get to record those shows again. GinGin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences on your DVR. I'm sure you'll miss it. That is until you get the new one, right? As for suggestions: 24. You haven't missed much since it just started in January and you can catch up online. I love me some Jack Bauer. And I don't know what I would do without my DVR. I just realized I can program it from my phone. The quality of life just improved in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH how are you surviving!!! Don't know if I could do it...train ANOTHER DVR...I'm so sorry about all the shows you've lost...i Totally understand...mine did the same thing a year ago!!!

    FARKING...I'm totally using that...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments please.
The good, the bad, the ugly.
I love them all.
But I will delete spam & anything I consider extremely offensive.