Thursday, October 2, 2008

Girls Night Out and the Ghost of Christmas Past

Okay, it has been more than a week since Cat and I had our Girl's Night Out. More than a week to decide just how I was gonna broach the subject without all my 4 readers fleeing to the hills.
No, NOT that. Wherever it was your mind just wandered to, it definitely wasn't that.

You see, it was really quite an altogether mundane, easygoing, uneventful evening. No wild dancing in the streets, no drinking cocktails 'til you puke in the gutter, no picking up young sailor boys on leave at the port.
Nope, not even a little bit. (not that that has ever happened.)
(Dangitall, I was gonna stop those long drawn out intros and all the dumb parentheses - but I just can't help it)
Anyhoo, I picked Cat up at her house and we went to Chili's to eat. Then, we were off to see Lisa Williams. (not too scary, yet)
Lisa Williams is a medium. She used to have a show on Lifetime and by her own admission, she talks to dead people. (let the fleeing begin)

The "show" was at a fairly large 1,500 seat theatre and it was a packed house. (hmm.... maybe I am not so strange after all) Now, neither Cat nor I had a "reading" during the evening. And we watched with interest as Lisa did her thing.

"I have a Helen here she was 2 sisters married to 2 brothers, does that mean anything to anyone?"

I mean, that is pretty straightforward people.

I swear, the desperation in some of those people, trying to find their lost loved ones. Trying so hard to make that question "fit" into their story. It was really kind of sad and yet funny at the same time.

There were, however, some heart wrenching stories, funny families "left behind" and even a few *yawn* boring ones. And some, they just went on and on and on. (Lisa, just a note, when you get those really snoozy ones with 27 dead relatives wanting to share how much they loved little Suzi's piano recital, NIP IT IN THE BUD, QUICK - I did not pay the equivalent of a small foreign car to see that).

So, you may ask, what in tarnation did I think was going to happen, what were you expecting? And to tell the truth, I don't really know. Why, exactly, did I drag my buddy to see this woman who speaks to the dead? Was it just mere curiosity or was I really hoping to find an answer or talk to a loved one. To find the proof of the "other" side? Perhaps, some answers to my never ending questions about death and afterlife. And how, does it all relate to my religious beliefs or lack thereof?

You see, ever since I was a young girl, I have been curious about ghosts, spirits and the paranormal. I have had my fair share of strange and unexplainable experiences, both here at home, on vacations and in far away lands. Searched for answers or clues to the truth. Looked to religion and beyond.

Will I continue to search and be curious? Yes.

Am I scared shitless? Absofrickinloutley!

Are you running away yet?
Does this subject freak or intrigue?
What do you really think about it?

4 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by this subject. I come from a family of "believers". One of my mother's experiences is published in a book of ghost stories.

    I had a great aunt who would conjure up spirits through automatic writing. Although I, personally, never saw anything in my grandmother's house - strange things happened there. My mom, sister, brother, aunt, grandmother and more experienced crazy stuff. I was just scared shitless to even be in her house as you would always feel like someone was in a room with you even if no one was there.

    I could go on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your forgot to mention the sparkly boy-man who sat "on top of me" hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - intriguing - would like to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat - Sorry I didn't mention your totally sparkly seat mate and his super de duper friend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments please.
The good, the bad, the ugly.
I love them all.
But I will delete spam & anything I consider extremely offensive.