Why is it that every time my cell phone rings, it is downstairs and I am upstairs? (or vice versa)
Why is it that when I go tearing downstairs (at great person risk of falling down stairs) to answer it that it stops ringing just as I open it?
Salty knows darn well that I can't call him back on the house phone. It has no long distance and his cell number is long distance and I have to get the damn cell phone anyway.
I've told him a million times. Call back the cell, it takes 20 minutes to dig it out of the bottom of my Coach bag. (Damn purse! It is possessed. No matter what it is that I am looking for in there gets sucked to the bottom, the minute that I need it.) I guess that is the price you pay when you get roped into the blatant consumerism that is designer handbags.
And so.... with that little rant, we go right into our regularly scheduled Thursday program. I originally had 5 other items to post but I've already started so I will include those I've already mentioned and save the others for later.
And the Piss me off list for this week is:
- purses - they just annoy me. They are way too expensive and everything I am looking for is always at the bottom. If I need my wallet, it is at the bottom under the cell phone, check book, pens, papers, cyborg ear charger. When I need the cell phone, the wallet is on top. The pen, only on top when I need my cell phone. When I need the pen, it is missing in action. Never fails.
- Cats under your feet. It drives me nuts when the cats are skulking around the stairs. When I go running downstairs to answer my phone, always there, ready to send me headfirst into very serious injury or death. Of course, when you are ready to leave and want to make sure that the damn things are not locked in a closet or room, they are nowhere to be found.
- Rude Sales People: ummmm.... hello? Me - customer, you - employee hired to help people. Do your job and don't give me any crap. And a special shout out to the short haired blonde manager at the Dunkin Donuts in Palm Bay, Florida - when people say they can't hear you in the stupid drive through speaker, they can't freakin hear you. Oh wait, we were just "punking" you at 6:30 am because thats how we roll. NOT!
- People who do not use their turn signals. (but that is just a whole other blog) Selfish, selfish, selfish.
- Comment checking, approving and verification. Ok, I know that is really a new one, but it is so frustrating. I know that some folks have trouble with blog stalkers, rude commenters, spam (?) and I could understand in that case. But newbies with virtually no readers/commenters - is it really necessary to approve a comment? AND word verification? You should be reveling in the fact that someone actually wants to leave a comment. And I totally started out using the word verification (to reduce comment spam- what?) but thought WTF? Any comment is a good comment at this point. Who am I kidding.