Since I get questions about Salty here are some answers for you. I found this on http://dirtylaundryqueen.blogspot.com/. A fabulous blog. Thanks DL Queen. You are a doll.
1. Where/How did you meet? We both worked at a hobby shop. We were friends for a long time.
2. How long have you known each other? 22 years.
3. How long after you met did you start dating? 7 years (Cody was 1)
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? On and off for 13 years!!!
5. How long was your engagement? 7 months.
6. How long have you been married? 3 years.
7. What is your anniversary? April 30, '05
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? Including the staff @ 40.
9. What kind of cake did you serve? Can't remember. We cut it but no one ate a bite.
10. Where was your wedding? A B&B called Gaston Gallery in Savannah, Georgia. It is still there but now it is called the Dresser Palmer house. We rented the whole place (15 rooms at the time) for the whole weekend. It was fabulous.
11. What did you serve for your meal? Pecan crusted chicken, beef, shrimp & grits and other Georgia southern fare. The pecan tarts were out of this world and that is why no cake was eaten.
12. How many people were in your bridal party? Just us. Cody read a scripture and our friend Wade too. My friend, Amina married us.
13. Are you still friends with them all? Yep. We only invited our closest friends and our immediate family.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? I think he was just patiently waiting for it to be over. I do think he was a bit overwhelmed.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? The whole weekend, but we took a horse and buggy ride during the reception. Just us and the driver, it was the best. Soft rain and the quiet night air in Savannah. Magic.
16. Any funny moments? I put a picture on the mantle of my father (passed in' 84) so that he could be there on my special day. There was also a chinese style ginger jar next to the picture. Someone asked if that was my father (in the jar). I thought that was funny.
17. Any big disasters? We had the ceremony all scheduled for the garden courtyard at dusk. It rained all day, so we moved it to the upstairs porch. Thankfully, the rain stopped right before the ceremony.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Savannah, of course.
19. How long were you gone? Two days before and one day after.
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? 86 the wedding planner, ask everyone to be a bridesmaid and have the Friday night get together, catered.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Right now, the right side. I have to face the door. (years of living alone)
22. What size is your bed? Queen.
23. Greatest strengths as a couple? We are best friends.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? getting through disagreements, I clam up.
25. Who literally pays the bills? Both. He pays some, I pay some.
26. What is your song? I don't think we really have one, but Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" always makes me think of us as a couple.
27. What did you dance your first dance to? We didn't have an official first dance at our wedding. We didn't do most of the traditional stuff. It was just a big party.
8. Describe your wedding dress. Ivory satin halter with a V-neck front -full skirt with a little bit of a train. No beads, no bangles, no lace.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? An assortment of white and ivory flowers and some simple greenery. Few roses and nary a carnation in site. Lots of raniculus and hydrangea. Simple and beautiful.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope.
Did you learn anything? Let me know.